Have you found there are a lot of issues with non- third-party certification? There’s always been an issue – especially in the building industry – with “greenwashing”. [This is] where companies can talk about their products being sustainable without substance. What we decided to do was spend the money and investment on third- party certifications in order to provide our customers full disclosure on our products through independent evaluation programs and EPD accreditation. Have you found that your undertaking with the certification has expanded that venture within your market? What it’s done is [create] a higher level of credibility and trust in Weathertex and our products, evident in us being voted the number one most-trusted building brand, both overall and in the exterior cladding category. This is particularly true for specifiers, who have real accreditation certifications they can rely upon with the Weathertex products. When they specify us, they can see that accredited, sustainable, quality products can still be competitively priced in the market. Have other brands since followed suit? It’s probably best to ask GreenTag. But we’re proud of being the first cladding manufactured product globally to achieve a Platinum certification for our Natural range. Looking back, when did Weathertex first begin to focus on sustainability as a key pillar of its product messaging and positioning? Our factory was built in Raymond Terrace [in] NSW in 1939. Since 1964, Weathertex [has] shifted focus to be at the forefront of environmentally sound building products. As I mentioned previously, our manufacturing process is the only one of its kind in the world, making our products entirely unique to the market. We only use certified state forest or private hardwoods from controlled sources, and that makes up 97 percent of all our products. The logs are then chipped, pulped and pressed with natural wax – the remaining 3 percent – to make Australian timber products that are all natural and extremely durable. What are the biggest changes that you would say have happened within your product segment in the past decade? I’d say the biggest changes that have happened – and still are happening – are around greenwashing, because it is a very topical subject. Most manufacturers or suppliers within the building industry – not just cladding – have typically focused on environmental manufacturing and bringing sustainable building products into the marketplace. At this point, ‘sustainability’ and [similar] words get bandied around a lot. [We] wanted to get our third-party certification to show