Join our team and community
LEARN. GROW. INSPIRE
Weathertex Pty Ltd, manufacture a range of timber based products with broad building applications. Established 80 years ago, Weathertex is wholly Australian owned and operated and employs more than 100 people. Weathertex offers a stable, challenging career with a future.
Shift Work Production Team Member
We are seeking enthusiastic workers willing to build their skills in a challenging and rewarding manufacturing environment. Responsible for operating various items of mobile and fixed plant, you will be exposed to a range of opportunities to develop your skills within a supportive team-based environment.
The successful candidates must:
- Be able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision;
- Be able to work in an environment where manual lifting and stacking will be required;
- physical dexterity to be able to stack planks (3660 mm long by up to 300 mm wide and mass of 12 kg and sheets (3660 mm long and 1220 mm wide and mass of 48 kg – two person operation);
- Be able to climb ladders and stairs and work at heights (up to 3 metres);
- Hold a current drivers license;
- Be able to communicate verbally with fellow team members;
- Have sufficient literacy and computer skills to be able to read and understand written communications and instructions and fill out production and other records;
- Be willing to contribute continuous improvement and Work Health and Safety
- Previous trades or operations experience in a manufacturing environment
- Current Fork lift licence
- Bridge and Gantry Crane (CB) high risk licence
- Heavy industrial environment, working with automatic and manually activated machinery.
- Rotating 12 Hour shift work roster day roster three or four days a week.